Wednesday 18 January 2012

My First Blog Post.

So, here begins my blog, Life with Hannah.

It's been a journey getting to this point and I'll be honest I've not really wanted to have my own blog for a number of reasons, mainly Time (it deserves a capital letter as it's a precious thing!). But, after reading blogs of the great David Cooke, Hannah King and Jessi Connely for over a year now, I've captured the blog bug! I've been so inspired, touched, laughed and challenged by these people that I'd like to begin a collection of my own thoughts, my day-to-day, a catalogue of life's goings on to share with you (a note on you in a minute!), the ether but more than that to share one day with Rachel, our daughter and a way of keeping a diary.

Onto "you" - an interesting one here as I think the only "you" is probably Hannah King and the ether. So, I shall write from the heart and it probably won't all make sense or be gramatically super duper/Queen's English and all as I'm on a tight time frame with the gorgeous demands of baby Rachel and home-keeping.

Onto me - a few facts about me to ease you into this journey, should you join me - Life with Han. I'm first and foremost daughter of the Loving Father and King, Jesus Christ. I'm totally overwhelmed and daily dependent upon His grace, love and mercy. I'm wife to my best friend, partner in crime, the handsome and loving Andy and we are parents to Rachel who is coming up 15 months old.... hmm what else- it's a bit tricky to give a synopsis of me, I'd like to add more of who I am but I think that will flow as I write.

This picture is of me and Rachel on her first birthday, back in October. I love her full laugh in the photo, she's very cute! A quick note here about photo's. I wish I could say I'm a great photographer and like to capture things visually, but I'm not really... yet. I do take pretend photo's and call them "memory photo's" just point, snap and store in my brain. I never have a camera handy and without going into the boring complications of our camera situation, basically one is a bit broken and the other one is a bit rubbish. One lives under the stairs, the other lives on my coffee table in the deperate attempt that I'll one day join with it and take great pictures. We're not there yet but my hope with the blog is, that I will unite with the camera, fix the broken one and make a conscious effort to snap away to catalogue Life with Han. 

Right - I best go as I've got tidying to do before the cutie beauty wakes up. 

Hannah King - it says "Labels:" at the bottom of my screen. What does that do and mean? I need a lesson on blogging, please. Thanks x



1 comment:

  1. Hi Hannah, I am very excited that your blog is finally here - now the whole world can get to share in your wisdom & wit if they would like to!
    Labels are a way of categorising your posts - for example, you might want one of the categories for this post to be 'Rachel', as you've mentioned her. Have a little look at the end of posts by your favourite bloggers, and you'll see them there. It also helps your readers to find a post on a particular subject. I hope that helps : )

    ReplyDelete